Sunday 13 April 2008

Soup lunch at Food for Thought

Having had a heavy breakfast, I wanted to eat something light for lunch. After gallivanting into PLC to check out the retractable leash, I remembered there was a small sandwich diner close by, so I found Food for Thought, which offered several choices of sandwiches (1 vegetarian s/w), pastas and 2 types of soup.

I chose the shitake mushroom soup (the other was Ham & Potato).

Photobucket
A Sunday Times food reviewer had ordered this soup and on her first taste, thought the chef had forgotten to add salt! Contrary to her experience, on my first taste, I found the soup to be savoury and slightly sweet, which needed just a sprinkle of pepper.

The soup came in a big bowl and had slivers of shitake mushroom. It was served with 4 pieces of lightly-toasted bread...enough to make a filling lunch.

Photobucket

Water is free, but please donate generously, so that the underprivileged may also have clean water to drink... so says the sign.

Photobucket

It was close to 2pm, so the place wasn't crowded, but while I was waiting for my takeaway latte, a bunch of school gals came in to have lunch.

Photobucket
The place is small and cozy enough, though I wish they didn't have those reflective tables which is kind of glitzy. If it remains quiet and not too crowded, I would like to go back to try their salads and fruit freezes.

(Note to self: the cafe latte at $3 was average, in a small cup...can't beat the Sleek Espresso Bar's version at $3.60 which had more oomph... )

No comments: