Wednesday 16 April 2008

Coffee & cake

Here's the cafe latte from Sleek Espresso Bar (at basement of Sim Lim Square) which I like.

Photobucket

It's quite a big cup filled with full-bodied espresso + foamy milk, and I think there's more than one shot of espresso at that - good value for money! Their service is friendly too.

Photobucket

They also sell this big slice of ang moh carrot cake at $4.20 nia. I tar-pao the carrot cake to take home to share with the SO.

Photobucket

I dunno why, but I felt so hungry that Friday afternoon, that I ended up eating the whole big chunk of cake for tea...all by myself :P

Furthermore, the SO asked me to go eat steamboat dinner that night...so end up overate again! >_<

Photobucket

The cafe latte from The Soup Spoon, at $3.60 or so (can't remember) , in a very small cup and it had only one single shot of espresso, and it wasn't shiok.

Photobucket

At the office, with one of the blue pens that I brought from home, coz the pens provided by the office all can't be used after some time - the ink wouldn't come out!

Photobucket

Meanwhile, I am still wondering WHEN I will try to bake a carrot cake. I wanted to do that one weekend, then the cat sisters came and it never take off after that.

ps: Speaking of cakes, I could never quite understand the English phrase "to have one's cake and eat it as well". I mean, what's the use of having a cake if one can't eat it, right?

4 comments:

kuro.shiro.neko said...

the sleek coffee looks so pretty!

reminds me of coffee prince..

auntie p said...

Ya, tar-pao back already still have the pattern.

I no watch kopi prince...

cat_aunty said...

I like ang moh carrot cake!!

auntie p said...

Cat aunty, is that a hint be substitute "ginea pig"? :)

I need to find that recipe book first... but waa... gotta get the fattening cream cheese.