Thursday 24 April 2008

Saybons, French Food Factory

I hadn't known this take-out joint is so "famous", until I saw the newspaper cuttings pasted all over their counter. I'd recently read from a food blog about their nice soup and crepes.

Photobucket

That's a large sized cup of seafood bisque (price $4.90).

Photobucket

The SO thought it was curry...and actually, it did have a spicy taste.

Photobucket
The seafood bisque was good, with a good "body" and without the strong "fishy" taste, which I'd experienced at some supposedly good restaurant.

The mushroom and cheese savoury crepe (@ $4.50), one of their popular items.

Photobucket
They also have dessert crepes filled with bananas, chocolate, strawberries and peanuts, but not all in the same crepe.

The crepe wasn't as hot or soft, since I'd taken it home to eat, but it was very nice all the same. The SO likes it too.

Photobucket
I drank almost all the soup and ate about 40% of the crepe, but it was quite filling, and I didn't feel like I needed to eat more for dinner, except perhaps a fruit and drink. I think a soup plus focaccia bread (which they also sell) would make a nice lunch.

1 comment:

cat_aunty said...

Yeah...looks like curry