Friday 11 January 2008

Snacking at the office

My recent lot of office snacks which I have been munching on for the past week.

Dried Sakura Peach from CS, but made in PRC...

Photobucket

A titbit from Shanghai given by a colleague

Photobucket

Very powdery and rather sweet...

Photobucket


I remember the name Royal Dalton was associated with high-end, expensive fine bone China in the past, and thought these butter cookies would be just as fine.

Photobucket

Alas! There was hardly any real cheese flavour, and the cookies were hardly fine in taste or texture.

Note to self : Don't ever buy this brand again.

Photobucket

I also had these rather sinful desserts in addition to lunch this week. :PP

Chendol

Photobucket

I hardly eat chendol, but if I'm around the area, I will sure eat this from Tekka Mall's foodcourt. At $1.50 only, they give lots of kidney beans, at least 3 attap seeds (considered very generous), and the non-clotting type of coconut milk (although packaged).

I think this chendol is considered good among those sold at aircon foodcourts because I have a colleague who loves to eat chendol, so I've gathered enough "research data" from all those times she'd ordered chendol during lunch at different foodcourts. There's even one very expensive foodcourt which serves chendol without a single attap seed...tsk, tsk!

Photobucket


I tar pao-ed these Ah Balling (glutinous rice balls) in peanut soup today...yum yum!

Photobucket

My favourite are those filled with black sesame seed paste.

Photobucket

Apart from these snacks, I must have snacked on other stuff, so now I know where the weight gain had come from. :-( Okie...no more sinful desserts next week.

The pineapple tarts and CNY cookies are out in full force at the shops, and had I not restrained myself earlier, I would have succumbed to my sudden craving to eat the pineapple tarts. Jialat... cannot start on CNY snacks so early!

8 comments:

kuro.shiro.neko said...

i love abuling too! esp in yaowarat in bangkok... slurp... must go holiday soon

EJ. said...

Yup, what is chendol without attap seeds!

cat_aunty said...

能吃是福(富)....!!!!!

auntie p said...

Eh jiak si hok ah! (in Hokkien) - that was what the tea aunties in my ex-co always say to me, and they liked to make my coffee super thick with lots of creamer and sugar. *shudders*

So I always insisted on making my own less unhealthy coffee. Ahh...I do miss their sweet, aunty ways. :)

auntie p said...

Yaowarat? I've been to BKK many times, but never heard of this place....bery suaku.

kuro.shiro.neko said...

yaowarat is chinatown lah... you sure go before one... no??

auntie p said...

Oh, then I must have visited Chinatown on my very first and only packaged tour to Thailand (to Pattaya & Bkk)...with my mother!

Almost had a fight there with her when she kept insisting on buying the whole series of Zebra brand stainless steel pots (which I would have had to carry) just to save a few dollars. Gosh!!

Other than that, I don't have much recollection of Chinatown. That's the problem with package tours...can't remember much when we're sheparded around like goats and spent so little time at each place.

kuro.shiro.neko said...

chinatown must eats - 1) "zhi char" (cheap and taste good, order lots of the seafood, $$'s worth) 2) abuling 3) deep fried fish cake 4) bird's nest (as a refreshment, not the real real thing lah)

actually, everything is good at yaowarat!

yeah, zebra pots are cheap in thailand. hehe