Tuesday 22 January 2008

Nasi Bryani

I haven't been cooking dinner much lately, coz it takes too much time to cook for 2 persons than it takes for us to eat the meal!

So, I've been buying our favourite nasi bryani from Tekka Market.

Nope, it's not from the often-quoted famous "A" stall, but from this one which I find even nicer.

Photobucket

The mutton dum bryani is very good and the basmati rice used is light enough that the first time I ate it, I managed to eat up ALL the yummy rice (which does not happen often)!

Somehow, the mutton usually tastes more fragrant than the chicken, so mutton bryani is preferred.

Photobucket

Closed-up of the tender, flavourful mutton from an earlier batch of rice.

Photobucket

We enjoyed the bryani so much so that we don't ever want to eat those bryani from around our place.

Tekka market is due for an overhaul in May, so we won't get to eat the bryani till more than a year later. I just hope this stall will still be there when renovations are completed.

ps: I have been eating the bryani from this stall for quite some time, but only in Jan this year did I realise that their bryani was rated 4 chopsticks by MakanSutra, which means excellent. Glad to know I have good taste...keke!

;P

No comments: