Sunday 11 May 2008

Tortilla & Salad - where to find?

KSN was asking me about where to find the tortilla that I've been eating.

I first got this at Cold Storage at BJ, but I can no longer find them...maybe have to try the atas supermaket. These wholemeal tortillas are really nice to eat and the texture didn't become dry after having kept them in the fridge.

Photobucket
I like their extra large size which means I can eat just one piece of tortilla. It's the only one that comes in a proper resealable bag.

Next, I had to settle for this white flour tortilla which is common in CS and some outlets of the "aunty lucy" mart. They were salty, dry and breaks/tears easily (ref to photos of broken salmon wraps), and has a funny type of so-called "resealable bag"... by giving you a sticker which CAN'T be resealed again and again...

Photobucket
I will try not to buy them again if I can help it. Heck, I may even settle for the less palatable chappati (also in packet form) instead.

Then I found these house-brand wholemeal ones at this hypermart...yet to try them.

Photobucket

These wraps and pitas (below) are quite common at certain CS and AL outlets. I saw them at Heartland Mall's CS last Friday night. I think I've tried the pita before and it was alright.

Photobucket

Saw this at HM last Friday night too...

Photobucket

I buy this 250g pack of salad leaves (with butterhead, curly red Lollo Roso lettuce, radichio & endive) regularly, coz they are already in bite size, so I presume no need to wash (I lazy). I will also buy the usual whole head of butterhead lettuce, and also not wash them... just eat!

Photobucket

For something more nutritious (darker coloureds are usually better) and exciting, one can try the baby spinach leaves and wild rocket (this wild one is very bitter, be warned!) from CS or Carrefour.

Photobucket
Some CS outlets also have the beautiful oak leaf lettuce and curly lettuce from Cameron Highlands, but I've yet to try them. I almost did try, but those 3 packs left on the shelf didn't look fresh today.

Photobucket
Salad of baby spinach leaves, (bitter) wild rocket, romaine & butterhead lettuce, celery, alfafa sprouts and white fish tuna (canned with chilli padi).

Here's to good health!

No comments: