Monday 5 May 2008

Oatmeal for any time

The SO and I can eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch or supper. I've been eating it with all sorts of "rubbish" that I can find in the fridge, so as to cut down preparation (I'm lazy).

Photobucket
1. Sweet oatmeal with milk, honey and dried fruits and/or nuts

Photobucket
2. Savoury oatmeal with fermented bean curd

Photobucket
3. Savoury oatmeal with scallop chutney (I didn't know got such a thing :P)

Photobucket
Taste a bit "fishy"...

Photobucket
4. Savoury oatmeal with kiam chye (preserved mustard leaves)

5. Savoury oatmeal with Japanese miso and a soft boiled egg, which I had for breakfast this morning (no photo).... Yumzz~! It was really yummy with the smooth egg.

This is my current favourite rolled oates, which gives a much better texture and doesn't cost much more than the non-rolled oates variety, especially since a popular brand of the latter has seen a 25% increase in price recently. It's also instant...no need for cooking. Yaay!

Photobucket
Of course, being quite a light meal, snacking afterwards is necessary. I always believe in snacking and having teas in between meals, especially during the weekends. :)

No comments: