Friday 2 May 2008

Salmon Tortilla & Green Salad

My Dinner tonight - a very easy to make tortilla wrap, which requires no cooking.

Photobucket
Take leftover canned salmon, add a bit of lemon juice & black pepper and mix well.

I didn't add salt as the salmon was already salty since it came in a can of brine (made of spring water). Can add a little bit of chopped fresh dill, if available.

Photobucket
Place a piece of lettuce on tortilla, leaving about half an inch of border around.

I'm using mini-Romaine lettuce (from M'sia), which can taste a wee bit bitter when eaten raw.

Photobucket
Spread a thin layer of salmon on the lettuce leaf, but I spread too much.

Photobucket
Roll up the tortilla firmly.

Slice into half and eat!

Photobucket
There is a generous amount of salmon, so it ended up tasting a wee bit salty. Can counteract this by wrapping another piece of lettuce over the tortilla roll and eat.

There was also a green salad, before adding dressing.

Photobucket

I luv these alfafa sprouts, although they tend to absorb quite a lot of the dressing. :P

Photobucket
They are living sprouts and can be kept in the fridge for a few days.

Edited - Ps: I forgot to add 1 tsp of mayo into the salmon mix.

4 comments:

auntie p said...

p.s.: I forgot to add 1 tsp of mayo into the salmon mix.

cat_aunty said...

Oh yumz, that looks like a cooling meal

kuro.shiro.neko said...

yes, the weather is very hot, and i have began making salad too, but not as nice as yours, auntie p.

you must teach me about presentation when we next meet ok?

auntie p said...

Actually, I didn't take special care with the presentation. I just try to show a bit of every ingredient on top - mainly for the photo, so that I'll remember what goes into the salad next time.

To me, taste is more important than presentation, but I'm sure the Japanese would disagree on this. :P
Also, in Chinese cooking, the principles in good food are to include the 色 from the complete range of 色香味 (colour, fragrance & taste)...not so easy, hor?