Tuesday 5 August 2008

Berry Nice Berries

Perhaps I went a little berserk tonight, just a little bit.

I've never bought so much fruits, much less, so many berries, but they were irresistible!

Photobucket

The new Fairprice Finest is a wonderful place for fresh groceries. I love the look of rows and rows of fresh fruits on display, many of which are organic. There's even a good variety of herbs, some so fresh they're still in pots of soil.

These are among the stuff I'd bought.

Photobucket
Organic strawberries at a steal for $2.99 nia, so I had to buy 2 boxes. These are excellent, sweet and full of flavour.

Photobucket
Organic raspberries - it's the first time I ate fresh raspberries. They're sweet and slightly tangy, very nice. It's also the first time I see fresh raspberries so "cheap", at $5.90 only.

Photobucket
Blueberries - 2 boxes at $4.99 nia. These are non-organic, but still are fresh, firm and nice; I finished almost half a box on the bus ride home.

Photobucket
I told the SO he can eat as much as he wants of these power food, coz there's so much. :P

Yummilicious!

Photobucket
*Ngom, ngom, ngom.... slurrrp!*

They're all sweet or just slightly tangy, without the sharp, sour taste at all. Yay! Joy and happiness all round! :))

4 comments:

KXBC said...

I never see it when I was there last Sat. :(

auntie p said...

You can still go buy them. If I remember correctly, the promo offers (for the organic strawberries and the blueberries) are until 8 Aug.

The next thing I want to try is the blackberries. :)

cat_aunty said...

What lovely berries!

They are rich in anti oxidants.

auntie p said...

Yes, cat aunty. These are power food...one gets much more value out of eating them than say, apples.

Similarly, baby spinach is much better as a salad than lettuce...iceberg lettuce being the worst in terms of nutrients.