Sunday 27 July 2008

More vegetarian food

Other vegetarian food that I had:

Photobucket
Miso Brown Rice Soup from a packet

Photobucket

Vegetarian chye png with brown rice (top and below)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Vegetarian Mee Rebus - too much ground peanuts in the gravy and the fake char siew was just weird!

Photobucket
Vegetarian fish beehoon (鱼片米粉) - something I eat regularly

Photobucket
This is the organic chicken rice with vegetarian 白斩鸡 which my IT colleage had.

He was (unusually) alone as his usual IT lunch kakis aren't into vegetarian food. I still have not tried this, since it's offered on Fridays when my favourite Korean bibimbap is being offered as well.

Photobucket
Vegetarian nasi lemak - with seasoned "scallop wing" (next to cucumber slices) and "pandan chicken".

I think that was meant to be seasoned "scallop wing" which is common at Japanese sushi restaurants, coz it really tastes like the real thing! Everything tasted alright, except that I didn't like the rice (with weird/oily coconut milk taste), nor did I like the "hae bi hiam" (spicy dried prawn paste) on the long beans.

2 comments:

cat_aunty said...

What is that two flat round thing? Lemang? Lontong?

There is something in Sunday Times on vegetarian foods.....

Anonymous said...

Cat aunty, the two round things are mock fried fish...the only mock meat which I find acceptable...sometimes quite delicious and very real (eg sweet & sour fish). Have you tried it?

Auntie p