Wednesday 6 August 2008

Sweet & fattening (but nice)

Some sweet, dessert stuff that we've been eating recently... oh dear, all within the last 1.5 weeks!

Photobucket
For breakfast, whole meal scones (from Four/Five Loaves ?) and banana walnut bread from Sleek Espresso Bar (SEB)

Photobucket
Close up - it was ok, but I had thought it's like banana cake, but it was not.

Photobucket
Free cake of my choice from SEB, after I've bought xx no. of espresso coffees and got the required no. of "chops". I chose my favourite ang moh carrot cake.

Photobucket
The thing is, the 2 gals who used to work there were generous with their "chops", and I probably got more "chops" than the number of espresso coffees that I'd bought. Too bad they'd left for greener pastures.


Some home-baked desserts from Spud's mom:

Photobucket
Cheese Tart

I forgot why I'd drop by at their home, and they offered the tarts to me. I took just one tart, enough for both of us to share. It was very creamy, with a tinge of lemon zest and very nice, actually.

Ahh, maybe I went to return the food containers from the last round of free food, and inadvertently came back with more free food! What a good deal~! :P

Photobucket
Ahh....this one came last Sunday at supper time... apple crumble!

Usually, anything with fruit, I will eat it right away, even though it's so close to bedtime. The SO had already brushed his teeth very early (to avoid eating), so he had his the next morning.

Photobucket
It was fabulous...and so very pro; better than those bought outside.

Photobucket
I left this on the kitchen table and the SO thought I bought it from some store.

Photobucket
It's a butter cake from Spud's mom, given to me just tonight, so I've yet to try. I'm sure she'd used lots of butter... so sinful. >_<"

Anyway, I'd better remember that my cat-sitting duty starts tomorrow. :P

2 comments:

cat_aunty said...

They are so yummylicious!!!!

auntie p said...

Luckily, there were only 2 slices of apple crumble...not enough to burst my waistline. Haha..