Monday 18 August 2008

Tar Pao Dinner

On a whim, I went to tar pao these for dinner tonight.

Photobucket
All in environment-unfriendly take-out boxes

Photobucket
Tar-dah!!

Photobucket
From Max Cafe - one pork sausage and the other with herbs + 2 sides and came with a bowl of chicken corn soup.

The sauteed veggies of carrots, zucchini, brinjal (non-soggy at all!), cauliflower & whole garlic cloves (browned) were absolutely delicious. I feel like trying to 偷师 from the chef!

Photobucket
Something's hidden underneath the sio pek chye - from the food court above the bus interchange.

Photobucket
It's a big chunk of pan-grilled saba (one-half of a large mackeral) sitting on a bed of sauteed, sweet onions. The set came with rice and seaweed soup.

Photobucket
Don't think this is just any plain soup. It's simple but oh, so delicious! I don't know why, it just taste very good. I think I like the stall owner's style of cooking.

It was a good and satisfying dinner.

No comments: