Saturday 26 July 2008

Uhmm...

More food from our friendly neighbours.

Photobucket
A few days' ago, they gave us a very big bowl of green bean. Actually, we do like green beans... of the normal type.

Photobucket
This one had a "sharp" taste of coconut milk, and (the first time I've come across) pieces of strong, pungent durian chunks...

Some of the food stuff they gave us earlier this year:

Photobucket
Cheesecake

Photobucket
I do eat cheesecake... ie. the normal kind...

Photobucket
That is, the normal kind without an extra layer of sweet jelly on top...

Photobucket
This was their own concocted dessert. I think it had a thick layer of sticky, rich & sweet chocolate over a layer of rich, cream cheese that sat over a layer of sweet Oreo biscuits.

Photobucket
Very sticky, rich, fattening and jelat. Probably concocted by their little girls.

Over at our home, the SO does not eat fresh durian. He only eats processed durian like durian kueh, which we eat once in a blue moon, like when someone buys a tube from Malaysia and give it to us. Fresh durian makes him throw up. I ate durians when I was a kid... and the last time I ate durian was like 2 or 3 years ago (probably ate up to 3 seeds).

I am not a dessert person. I am not into overly sweet food, although I eat Snickers and I love Magnum ice-cream, which I eat selectively since I put on weight easily.

Other than that, we are really not fussy people when it comes to food. We eat at hawker stalls, mostly. We can eat plain rice with vegetables everyday, or just a simple bowl of noodles.

It's a sin to waste food. The green bean is still sitting in the fridge... I don't know what to do... >_<"

Aarrrggghhh!!! *pulls out hair*

1 comment:

cat_aunty said...

It is OK not to like durians. Not all Chinese or Malaysians like durians. I always get very tense during durian seasons because I thought the gas pipes had leaked.....I can eat fresh durians,but at most 2 seeds. I won't go out and buy it. As for dodoh.....next time lah