Saturday 29 March 2008

C.A.M. food stall

Like I've told EJ in the lasagna post, there is really a western food stall called Crazy Ang Mo... no kidding!

Photobucket

After I took the above photo, the owner of CAM suddenly crept beside me to peep at what I took! :P

I told him I took the photo of his signboard to show a friend from Canada who could not believe that anyone would name a business with such a crazy name. Haha!

Photobucket
The owner, Paul is the guy in the photo on RHS - the guy in black with the cap. He said when he first met his MIL, she called him "siao ang mo" (in Hokkien), and that's how the CAM name came about.

I didn't order any food from him, but had rojak instead.

Photobucket

9 comments:

EJ. said...

OK, indeed there is a stall called 'Crazy Ang Moh'!
It would be crazier if the stall is located in Ang Mo Kio.

Yum, Rojak. Never been able to find it here.

cat_aunty said...

Oh. CAM does rojak too?

auntie p said...

No.

auntie p said...

BTW, EJ, can you find you tiao (油条) in CN? I'm sure you have tau pok.

Now one can buy the bottled rojak sauce...or maybe they're the vegetarian ones..? Add crush peanuts and some assam or lime juice and there, you'll have rojak!

EJ. said...

Yes, can find you tiao at T&T/Chinatown.Got bottled rojak sauce meh?

Thanks for the CAM stall picture!

auntie p said...

Er...what are the regulations on sending food to VC, CN? Do they allow food items to be brought in or sent via the post? ;)

EJ. said...

Not too sure about via post but some packaged food items can be brought in. BTW any picture of the roja bottle, Aunty P?
Will add to my 'wanted list' when my niece/nephew's next visit here.

auntie p said...

I will go shoot some rojak bottles when I next visit the supermart!

I'd bought the vegetarian rojak sauce previously, so it's definitely available (I think from M'sia). I'm sure I've seen the non-vegetarian version somewhere.

EJ. said...

Thanks, Aunty P!