Monday 23 April 2007

Potato salad with zing

Two weekends ago, I made potato salad - my very first potato salad, in fact. It's not a difficult dish to make, yet it's not often that I come across a version that makes me want to have second helpings. Most of the potato salad (whether home-made or purchased outside) I've tasted are rather "common", or bland even.

Hence, I'd had no inclination to make it myself...until I bought this balsamic vinegar dressing from Carrefour. The bottle of dressing has a potato salad recipe at the back.

Preparation:
I saw some potatoes from New Zealand at the supermart and decided to try them, only because they were washed and looked clean and "golden". The other ingredients not commonly found in potato salad are the black olives and green beans (cooked).


This dressing which contains the flavourful balsamic vinegar gives the potato salad an interesting zing which I like (although the SO didn't quite take to its vinegar taste). I used bacon bits instead of salami which I don't have and which I don't usually eat, anyway.


The end product

No comments: