Sunday 15 July 2007

Spanish Chicken & Rice Stew

From the 2nd One Pot cookbook that I own - the recipe calls for arborio rice, the creamy Italian rice, the use of canned chopped tomatoes and too many chicken drumsticks and chicken thighs! Good thing I didn't follow the recipe word by word...as Asians, we don't usually eat so much meat in a meal. Other than that, the dish was easy and simple to prepare.


The unappealing picture shows the leftovers, and I'd deboned the chicken drumstick.

The rice was quite nice, although mine turned out a bit too wet, due to my inexperience with arborio rice (first time cooking it). The rice doesn't take too long to cook, and doesn't need too much water.

Even SO thinks it's nice to eat...which means my sphere of influence on his Asian palette is getting even stronger. May the force be with me. Haha!

(Cook date: Monday, 9 July 2007)

No comments: