Thursday 29 November 2007

Pasta Aglio Olio (vegetarian version)

After having it for lunch at Basil Alcove (which was very good), I've decided to cook it myself, and save 9 bucks per serving... Heheh.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I didn't have the red chilli powder or whatever, so modify the recipe a bit. It's got:

- lots of garlic
- about a quarter cup of olive oil for 2 servings (or slightly less oil)
- mushrooms (white, brown and portobello)
- zuchini which I like very much
- red and green capsicum
- cut red chilli (seeded and de-veined)
- "tortoise beans" i.e. 乌龟豆
- a little bit of water added after everything above was stirred and mixed

Agar agar seasoning:
- 1 tsp of salt (for 3.5 servings)
- ground black pepper
- paprika
- lots of chopped Chinese parsley

Yum...(if I may say so myself), and quite satisfying.

1 comment:

kuro.shiro.neko said...

er... tortoise beans?...